Books are pure magic.
They exist to transport you to another dimension…
A literary release from the hard lines of reality.
Not to mention providing the wisdom gleaned from humanity’s greatest minds.
After all, books can pretty potent, reminding me of this splendid quote:
“Whenever you read a good book, it’s like the author is right there, in the room, talking to you, which is why I don’t like to read good books.” Jack Handey
So, this page is all about the best bookage around. Scroll down to see what the library has to offer.
Check out my curated list of best books in every genre. Lots of top picks catering for all the weird and wonderful topics in literature land.
If you’ve got any suggestions to add to the list, feel free to reach out and I’ll surely consider them.
Sometimes it’s hard to know what to read next, especially when we’re swimming in a sea of good literature.
For this reason, I’ve decided to honour works of fiction with a short review as I read them.
This might both spawn some interesting ideas and help other bookworms get their read on.
First off, I’ve included some notes from my various readings, for your intellectual pleasure.
Enter the book mega-brain and check out the full list of book summaries here.
I love reading and although I consume a lot of personal development and non-fiction, one of my biggest pleasures is sci-fi.
Check out the following suggestions, and feel free to drop me a line you can recommend any others I might like.
In no particular order:
- The Culture Series (Iain Banks)
- The Foundation Series (Isaac Asimov)
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
- We (Yevgeny Zamyatin)
- Stranger in a Strange Land (Robert A. Heinlein)
- The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress (Robert A. Heinlein)
- Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
- 1984 (George Orwell)
- The Day of the Triffids (John Wyndham)
- The Call of the Wild (Jack London)
- White Fang (Jack London)
- Martin Eden (Jack London)
- Catch 22 (Joseph Heller)
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert M. Pirsig)
- The Catcher in the Rye (J. D. Salinger)
What I’m Reading Now
- Psycho-Cybernetics (Maxwell Maltz)
I currently have the following books on my reading list:
- The Five Love Languages (Gary Chapman)
- Waking Up (Sam Harris)
- The ONE Thing (Gary Keller)
- The Magic of Thinking Big (David J. Schwartz)
Not sure if books are your thing? Start here to see what other wisdom nuggets bloomsoup can offer.