I’ve long been fascinated with the art of persuasion and its dark implications after seeing a hypnotherapy show when I was a student.
The fact that you can convince people to take action and change their behavior is a powerful force, after all.
Since then, I’ve read many great books on the topic, with a specific focus on neuro-linguistic programming.
So if you want to understand the subject in greater depth, check out these 5 best NLP books.
The Best NLP Books
1. Frogs Into Princes by Richard Bandler and John Grinder
The book “Frogs into Princes” is about how to change the way someone thinks or behaves.
The authors, Richard Bandler and John Grinder, studied the work of several therapists and used their techniques to create a model for changing someone’s behavior.
The model is based on the idea that people are not born with fixed personalities, but that their behavior is learned over time.
The model consists of four steps:
- Identify the desired outcome.
- Identify the current behavior or thinking pattern that is preventing the person from achieving the desired outcome.
- Create a new behavior or thinking pattern that will help the person achieve the desired outcome.
- Help the person to practice the new behavior or thinking pattern until it becomes automatic.
2. Introducing NLP: Psychological Skills for Understanding and Influencing People by Joseph O’Connor and John Seymour
Introducing NLP is a comprehensive guide to neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), a system for understanding and changing human behavior.
The book begins by introducing the basics of NLP, including its history, its key concepts, and its applications.
It then goes on to describe in detail the techniques that make up the NLP toolkit, including:
- How to build rapport with others
- How to read and use body language
- How to use language effectively
- How to change your own state of mind
The book also includes a section on self-help techniques that can be used to overcome personal problems.
3. NLP: The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming by Tom Hoobyar
NLP: The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming by Tom Hoobyar is a comprehensive guide to the topic and perhaps a good starting point.
The book begins by discussing the history of NLP, its key concepts, and how it can be used to improve communication and achieve goals.
It then provides an in-depth look at the three main elements of the subject:
- Language – refers to the words we use to describe our experience
- Neurology – refers to the way our brain processes information
- Goals – refer to what we want to achieve
All three of these elements are interconnected; they influence each other and can be used to change our thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
NLP, according to the author, can be used in a variety of ways to achieve different outcomes.
For example, it can be used to change negative thoughts or beliefs into positive ones, or to resolve conflicts with others. It can also be used to set goals and achieve them more effectively.
The remainder of the book offers a variety of exercises and techniques that readers can use to apply NLP in their own lives.
4. The Ultimate Introduction to NLP by Richard Bandler
The Ultimate Introduction to NLP by Richard Bandler covers the basics of the field, discussing the history of NLP and its development by the authors in the 1970s.
It then goes on to explain the key concepts of NLP, including its focus on the mind-body connection, its use of language and communication, and its emphasis on self-awareness and personal growth.
The remainder of the book provides a practical introduction to NLP techniques, including how to create positive change in your life, how to manage your emotions, and how to achieve your goals.
Overall, The Ultimate Introduction to NLP provides a comprehensive overview of the key concepts and techniques of Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
It is an ideal introduction for those who are new to NLP and want to learn how to use it to improve their lives.
5. Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Dummies by Romilla Ready and Kate Burton
Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Dummies is a book written by two experienced NLP trainers.
The book begins by introducing the basics of NLP, including what it is, how it works, and the different techniques that can be used.
It then goes on to cover specific applications of NLP, such as improving communication, managing stress and anxiety, and achieving goals.
Throughout the book, Ready and Burton provide clear instructions and plenty of examples to help readers put NLP techniques into practice, while offering helpful tips on how to get the most out of the approach.
Overall, Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Dummies provides a thorough introduction to NLP and offers plenty of advice on how to use its techniques to improve your life.
There you have it – some splendid books to make you a mind control master.
When you understand how your head really works, you can begin to influence the world around you.
Use this knowledge wisely my friend – with great power comes great responsibility.